KDC: Cooperative Solutions (KDC) invites proposals from cooperative businesses based in urban areas in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland for match grants to support the development of our region’s cooperative economy. Grants of up to $2,500 will be awarded for education and technical assistance for projects that will strengthen and diversify our regional urban cooperative economy. Eligible applicants must comply with all standards set forth in this document as well as further requirements determined by KDC as necessary. KDC retains sole discretion with respect to the approval or disapproval of any proposal.
We believe that the cooperative-business model can enable people to mitigate business risk and provide themselves with services at an economic advantage. We give priority to new and emerging groups, especially in areas that are under-served and financially challenged. KDC provides these groups with technical assistance, access to financial resources, and links to other supporting organizations. The Urban Match Grant is intended to cover the cost of KDC: Cooperative Solutions consultants to provide direct technical support to groups of people striving to develop or strengthen cooperatively owned community businesses. Grants will range in size from $275 to $2,500.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The project or organization must have a clearly defined and committed steering committee, worker collective, or board of directors.
- The project must be located in the state of Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, District of Columbia, or Delaware.
- Organization must provide matching funds at least equal to the grant amount requested.
- The organization must not be classified as rural by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Funds will be used to cover costs associated with education, training, organizational development and technical assistance provided by Keystone Development Center.
- Assistance provided by other development organizations or training services are ineligible uses of these funds.
- Keystone Development Center trustees and staff, including their immediate families, are ineligible to apply for a scholarship.
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS FOR WHICH THE FUNDS MAY BE USED INCLUDE:
- Feasibility Studies
- Business Plans
- Organizational Development
- Board & Employee Training
- Technical Documentation
- Information Technology Assistance
Awards will be announced July 31, 2017
Funds must be expended within 12 months of award notice
- Complete an application form.
- Attach a description of the technical assistance project.
- Funds must be applied for and approved prior to receiving the assistance. The Urban Match Grant will not offer reimbursement for the fees for previously received services.
- If applications are incomplete or unclear they will be returned without being processed.
- E-mail or mail the completed application and required additional information to:
Urban Grant Committee
Keystone Development Center
108F N. Reading Road
Ephrata, PA 17522
The Fund is administered and managed by Keystone Development Center.
All eligible recipients will be approved within the limits of the Fund as stated above and as long as funds are available (on an annual basis) for distribution.
Notification of the status of each request will be sent via e-mail or regular postal service when a decision is made.
Recipients must participate in a year-end survey evaluating the technical assistance services provided.
Please find the grant application form here