We are a very small organization with a big impact. Our board consists leaders from multiple cooperative, economic development, non-profit, government, educational and agricultural organizations. Click here to see our current board representatives.
At this phase of our growth we are specifically looking for individuals who will bring at least one of the following skills to our organization: finance, fundraising, marketing, and human resources. Enthusiasm for the mission is a key qualification and we will be especially thrilled with candidates who have board experience and/or experience in local and regional food systems issues.
Board Member Requirements
- Demonstrate commitment to and understanding of the mission of KDC.
- Have a passion for or professional experience related to KDC services and organizational management.
- For example:
- Professional experience with the food industry (farming, food service, food processing),
- Nonprofit governance, fundraising or financial management, or
- For profit business development and financial management.
- Attend 3 regularly scheduled remote board meetings and one in person annual meeting in April in Harrisburg, PA.
- Assume leadership roles and participate actively on at least one committee or an equivalent function.
- Review minutes and agenda items in advance of meetings and stay well informed regarding the organization’s fiscal and program work.
- Participate in decision-making regarding organizational development, policy, and strategy.
- Listen respectfully to other points of view.
- Act as an ambassador, actively promoting KDC to the community.
- Disclose and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Peggy Fogarty, Executive Director